Tuesday, May 19, 2009

More Fun with Canadians...

Okay, this one I did not too long ago. Like I said, I can pick up accents fairly easy. Sometimes I can get them from simply watching TV. So....

My girlfriend is a HUGE fan of Prison Break. The whole house stopped when it came on. Literally. If you were bleeding out, you better hold it till commercial. I personally had never seen the show, but season four was coming up in a few weeks. She had a great idea - get all the seasons, and we could watch them till we (I) got caught up. While I love the show, it had an unintended side effect. I gained an accent. Or should I say, a variable of an accent. I started making jokes using the voice of Theodore Bagwell. Though my girlfirend is half black, she thought it was hilarious. Needless to say, she's a little less politically correct than I am.

By now I hated my job. So I thought - let's T-Bag it for a day, see if the customer catches on. I left the unsavory comments out, but I spent the whole day in character as T-Bag from Prison Break. Fuck. Six hours is a long time to do that. To make matters worse, their mother showed up, wanting an alarm system too. She said she'd call and ask for the nice southern gentleman. Ain't that a bitch?

Sometimes fucking with people blows up in your face...

No comments:

Post a Comment